Caban Systems is a rapidly growing energy storage company with a focus on the telecommunications market. This Staff Accountant position will play a key role in the success of Caban as we enter the next phase of the company's growth. Includes processing bills and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. A successful accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. (Option to work remotely)
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations across multiple entities, including intercompany transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Process Accounts Payable transactions and track all project related costs.
- Assist in annual audits and compile PBC files related for the US and international audits
- Collaborate internally across multiple departments (Engineering, Manufacturing, etc)
- Special assignments and projects with the goal of improving and helping to drive long-term growth.
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records across units, projects, customers, and countries
- Review receipts and compare with actual charges to detect inaccuracies
- Analyze month-end and year-end reports to identify and recommend cost-effective improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 5+years of accounting experience
- Strong proficiency in English and Spanish
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Attention to detail and be able manage several projects at once
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with Excel which includes working with formulas such as in XLOOKUP, and Pivot Tables.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and be able to adapt to a rapidly growing company
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of ERP cost accounting required
- Strong knowledge of finance, accounting, and internal control principles, including US/foreign GAAP
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Slides) skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills