Caban Systems is looking for a talented embedded software engineer to help us commercialize our energy storage and data platforms. We are scaling energy storage solutions and cloud-based data services for our telecommunications customers, thereby providing connectivity to those who may not otherwise have access. We are hiring as we head into 2021, which will be a very busy year for us, in spite of covid!
- 5+ years of embedded software development experience
- Strong C/C++ experience for microcontrollers
- Knowledge of interface protocols: I2C, SPI, CAN, Modbus, etc.
- Python, Cython, GCC, Make and shell scripting experience
- Multi-threaded processing, multi-processor communication & synchronization, task scheduling
- Experience working with ARM® Cortex® processors (even better STM32)
- Experience with battery systems and/or solar controllers
- Experience developing and releasing firmware for safety-critical applications
- Should have better-than-average knowledge of sensors, ADCs, DACs and ability to review electrical (PCB) schematics
- Develop application code for 32-bit ARM® Cortex® processors
- Develop bootloaders
- Integrate and implement product requirements
- Provide system-system interface using various protocols: ModBus, CAN and RS-232
- Work closely with gateway/edge team to implement OTA update strategy
- Work closely with hardware engineers to optimize performance
- Use of JIRA and bitbucket to track issues and develop collaboratively
- Standardize, automate, and document development and production environments
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!