Caban Systems is looking for a passionate Mechanical Design Engineer to help us commercialize our battery and power distribution products. We are an early-stage startup designing renewable energy storage solutions for the telecommunications industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing injection-molded components for industrial applications.
- Minimum of 3 years experience designing metallic enclosures for industrial applications.
- Extensive experience in tooling design and manufacturing required.
- Knowledge of plastic materials and design for manufacturing in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality.
- Solid CAD experience with SolidWorks, CATIA, or NX.
- Self-starter – must be willing/excited to design systems and processes from the ground up.
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Oversees the development of mechanical engineering activities.
- Works with engineering team to understand all of the product specifications.
- Lead the development of new plastic injection tooling projects to meet a wide range of product performance and cosmetic requirements.
- Lead tool design and build, tool and process development and tool qualifications at the supplier.
- Collaborate with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs.
- Skilled in GD&T
- Proficient with the use of DFM SPC, DOE and Six Sigma techniques. Take the leading role in driving the improvement of productivity and quality of plastic part manufacturing, molding and tooling techniques.
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!