Caban Systems is looking for a Mechanical Engineer to help us commercialize our solar, energy storage, and power distribution products. We are an early-stage startup designing renewable energy storage solutions for the telecommunications industry. We are growing quickly in 2021 (in spite of covid). We are looking for solid engineers who want to apply their work-energy to make the world better.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing and developing commercial or industrial products.
- Experience releasing new products to production and use of PLM.
- Extensive knowledge of material properties - metals, plastics, adhesives, etc.
- Extensive CAD experience with SolidWorks or similar.
- Experience designing injection-molded plastic components and metallic enclosures is preferred.
- Experience with high current-carrying busbars and cables is preferred.
- Experience with energy storage systems is preferred.
- Experience working with regulatory agencies is preferred (e.g. UL).
- Self-starter – must be willing/excited to design systems and processes from the ground up.
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Oversees the development of mechanical engineering activities:
- Works with engineering team to understand all of the product specifications.
- Develops custom products using Solid Works or equivalent CAD tools - plastic and metal enclosures, structural elements, electrical elements, thermal management elements, gaskets.
- Supervises other mechanical engineers.
- Collaborates with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs.
- Skilled in GD&T and rules for creepage and clearance.
We are a small, but rapidly-growing team looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. We provide reliable, innovative solutions to enable and enhance connectivity around the world. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!