Caban Systems is looking for a passionate Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer to help us commercialize our battery and power distribution products. We are an early-stage startup designing renewable energy storage solutions for the telecommunications industry. We are starting to re-hire as we head into 2021, which will be a very busy year for us in spite of covid!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing injection-molded components for industrial applications.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience designing metallic enclosures for industrial applications.
- Extensive experience in tooling design and manufacturing required.
- Knowledge of plastic materials and design for manufacturing in terms of geometry and cosmetic quality.
- Experience with high voltage energy storage systems is preferred.
- Experience in working with regulatory agencies is preferred (i.e. UL).
- Solid CAD experience with SolidWorks, CATIA, or NX.
- Self-starter – must be willing/excited to design systems and processes from the ground up.
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Oversees the development of mechanical engineering activities:
- Works with engineering team to understand all of the product specifications.
- Supervises other mechanical engineers.
- Leads tool design and build, tool and process development and tool qualifications.
- Collaborates with supply management, product design, industrial design, and manufacturing engineering groups on material selection, design feasibility and aesthetics of new plastic part & tooling designs.
● Skilled in GD&T and rules for creepage and clearance.
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!