Sales Engineer - US/LATAM
Caban Systems, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, delivers modern infrastructure solutions to its customers, while substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime.
We deploy end-to-end turnkey solutions with a three-part system solution, including lithium-ion energy storage systems, cloud-based remote monitoring software, and Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) offering for mobile sites, fixed networks and fiber nodes. Our energy management system is designed to supply primary and backup power for reliable connectivity, increased transparency and a significant reduction in emissions.
Location - US East Coast - Remote
Caban Systems is looking for a talented individual to help our Sales team meet its goals. We are scaling renewable energy storage solutions and cloud-based data services for our telecommunications customers.
- Be self-motivated and possess a technical background - MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent knowledge of energy storage systems is preferred.
- Must have experience working in Sales (applications and/or systems engineering)
- MInimum of 5 years experience in the telecom market is preferred.
- Possess strong presentation and communication skills to capture business.
- Experience with regulatory standards (i.e. UL 1973, UL 9540, NFPA 855) is desirable.
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities.
- The Sales Engineer will play a supporting role to Sales to build relationships with customers and to secure new business.
- This role would report to and work closely with the Chief Revenue Officer, the CTO, and and the VP of Engineering.
- Prepare and develop technical presentations to explain our company's products, capabilities, and resources (including partners) to drive sales engagements
- Perform quantitative analysis on customer total cost of ownership, comparative analysis with alternative technologies, and maintain a competitive intelligence library
- Collaborates with sales, engineering, program management, and operations groups.
- Seeks feedback from customers for continuous product improvement and to help align the product roadmap.
- This is a high visibility, high impact role reporting to the CRO and your work in developing new accounts and applications will be understood and recognized by the executive team
- Identify, qualify, and technically support new applications, markets, and end-customers for Caban’s via direct sales and/or via channel/integration partners
- Support tradeshows, conferences, and other sales/marketing events as requested by Caban management to identify and grow end-customer base
- Engage with the Engineering teams providing feedback on customer requirements, specifications, applications, and provide guidance and technical recommendations to best align Caban’s products and resources to win the business
- Assist the CRO or other Caban staff as needed on Caban marketing materials, sales presentations, and customer FAQs
- This role involves frequent travel ~50%
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and collaboration. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.