Caban’s mission brings renewable energy to critical telecom infrastructures around the world, while having a ton of fun doing it.
Caban is looking for a Junior Buyer with a desire to learn from key players on the team and take the lead on all purchasing activities. As a key contributor to our supply chain team, the ideal candidate will be driven and assertive, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll join a startup that is growing rapidly, run by an efficient team that is passionate about replacing fossil fuels with renewable clean energy.
- Education: College degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ experience in purchasing and/or planning
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment a plus
- Experience with global transactions between the US, Asia, and Latin America a plus
- Technical Skills: Proficient in all MS Office programs (but mainly Excel) & experience with ERP/MRP
- Execute RFI’s, RFQ’s, & Purchase Orders in ERP
- Support procurement of raw materials to manufacture finished goods to global client base
- Maintain relationships and communications directly with all CM’s and suppliers
Proactively report availability issue and monitor/update data from ERP daily
Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering and Quality departments
Support NPI efforts that include prototype purchases, tooling, and pilot production
Work with QA/MFG to drive continuous quality improvements with all suppliers
What you’ll get out of it
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, passionate, and driven people as well as tell your friends how cool of a company you get to work for
This is a learning environment where you will learn on the job and professional growth
Competitive salary based on experience level
We are a small but nimble team, looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!