Caban’s mission brings renewable energy to critical telecom infrastructures around the world, while having a ton of fun doing it.
Caban is looking for a dynamic Buyer/Planner with a proven track record of procuring global finished goods and raw materials, along with superb detailed oriented skillset. As a key contributor to our supply chain team, the ideal candidate will be driven and assertive, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced and sometimes chaotic environment.
You’ll join a startup that is growing rapidly, run by a small, efficient team that is passionate about replacing fossil fuels with renewable clean energy.
- Education: BS Degree preferred in business, Operations, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience. APICS or CPIM/CSCP certification a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience is required, with direct hands-on experience in purchasing/planning
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a fast-paced start-up environment, comfortable with wearing multiple hats at once, and a keen understanding of urgency, responsibility, and timing
- Technical Skills: Excellent in all MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.), experience with SAP or other ERP/MRP purchasing systems, PLM/Bom management, work orders and engineering change management
- Experience with global transactions between the US, Asia, and Latin America
- Solid understanding of change order and configuration management
- Solid understanding in import/export compliance
- Experience with global HTS codes, customs compliance, and tariffs.
- Plan and support procurement of raw/commodity material and finished goods from all global suppliers and contract manufacturer’s
- Maintain strong relationships and communications directly with all CM’s and suppliers, to confirm production/shipping schedules and monitor open PO’s for all orders to ensure on-time deliveries
- Proactively report FG and material availability issues, monitor daily ERP data; revise essential system planning data to ensure ERP system is effectively planning future requirements economically and efficiently
- Maintain purchase order status in ERP system
- Proactively provide supply status and shipment tracking to customer service and shipping departments
- Participate and contribute to monthly Sales and Operations planning process
- Drive daily and weekly supply chain issues meetings as necessary
- Coordinate inventory planning and replenishment of raw materials, components, and finished goods
- Collaborate and act with engineering and quality departments to find the most efficient, highest quality and cost for all products
- Manage ERP exceptions and advise upper management about possible constraints and risk items
- Influence suppliers manufacturing processes: develop policies and metrics that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations
- Review, analyze and clarify quote packages from suppliers per NPI, initial supplier selection and quarterly production
- Monitor the cost, schedule, quality and other performance factors of major subcontractors and suppliers (report card analysis)
- Support contract negotiations with supply chain partners and ensure terms are enforced
- Manage MSDS and all other certifications as needed
- Work with Suppliers, Mfg. Engineering, Quality and Material Planning to release parts into production per Caban NPI process
- Develop NPD and NPI sourcing strategies that include prototype purchases, tooling, and pilot production
- Work with QA/MFG to drive continuous quality improvements with all suppliers
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment
- Ability to climb stairs
What you’ll get out of it
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, passionate, and driven people as well as tell your friends how cool of a company you get to work for
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, from initial start date, no waiting periods, with almost zero cost per Kaiser plans (other options available as well at slightly higher costs)
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Annual PTO of 15 days, 3 days sick leave, 10 paid holidays
We are a small but nimble team, looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!