Director, Sales - Channel Partners
Caban Systems, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, delivers modern infrastructure solutions to its customers, while substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime.
Caban deploys end-to-end turnkey solutions with a three-part system model, including lithium-ion energy storage systems, cloud-based remote monitoring software and renewable power generation, Caban’s energy management system supplies primary and backup power for reliable connectivity, increased transparency and reduction in emissions.
Location - US
Caban Systems is building a world-class Team of Commercial Leaders to develop our global customer relationship . The Director, Sales - CHannel Partners, will be an individual contributor supporting the expansion of relationships within Caban’s channel partners. The role benefits a self-starter commercially minded sales leader with a high level of maturity and innovation. Strong in process, strategy, planning and execution. The role provides an opportunity to leverage world-wide resources, investments and potential Joint Ventures.
Our team supports new members. We maintain a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and collaboration. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Driving new channel partnerships and nurturing strategic relationships.
- Research and define what channel and strategic partners are a fit for Caban
- Produce and deliver proposals, assisting channel partners with RFPs, and negotiating service agreements to close sales within a short period of time.
- Meet annual sales targets for new business.
- Managing the full life-cycle of sales pipeline from development of sales prospects to facilitating the closure of deals for new business.
- Generating and presenting regular status reports of revenue recognition and sales forecast updates to leadership team by Identifying and reporting on OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) to achieve optimal results with the channel sales and billing operations.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to channel clients and prospects with ease and address the prospective client’s needs in an efficient manner.
- Working with existing account managers to identify and pursue upselling opportunities leveraging channel partner capabilities to penetrate further into existing customer organizations.
- Participates and leads with a high degree of proficiency in the negotiation of legal agreements and contract terms. Negotiates critical relationships and agreements with customers, suppliers or other external partners at the higher levels. General mastery of processes and procedures, understanding of complex scenarios is sought after by others in the business.
- Works on significant and unique issues where current best practices may not exist in the market. Develops and implements saleable solutions for highly complex problems.
- Operates with significant autonomy and discretion. High degree of decision making is required in routine customer engagement, business judgment is critical and problem solving is exacerbated by multiple business problems that have to be solved.
- Interacts with senior management or executive levels to gain support for items that require escalation, writes convincing and professional documents that require limited direction on matters of importance to the company or customers.
- Recognizes trends for larger scale development needs in and across teams and builds plans to develop skills.
- Exemplifies high performance standards for the department. Implements structured measurement processes to communicate throughout the org.
- Plans and advocates for resources and executes their successful implementation.
- The candidate must have 7+ years experience working with Channel Partners in a telecommunications or technical B2B market.
- Demonstrable Relationship Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrable US Account Planning and Execution
- Candidates must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- A BA or BS degree in computer science, engineering, business, marketing, or related field (MBA preferred) and a minimum of 5+ years of enterprise selling experience in large US Mobile Network Operator accounts or utilities in a channel partner sales environment
- Other experiences include: experience in large complex negotiations with a successful track record; ability to navigate across Caban and the customer in a trusted advisor/consultative approach; and, establishing credibility quickly with senior level executives across the organizations.
- A strong understanding of Caban Systems and/or technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) would be preferred but not required.