Caban’s mission brings renewable energy to critical telecom infrastructures around the world. We are looking for a dynamic and hands on Production & Warehouse Manager to help us scale and commercialize our renewable battery and power distribution systems. This critical position will be responsible for all aspects of Caban’s internal production/warehouse operations, with proven experience managing 10-30 internal reports. You’ll join a startup that is growing rapidly, run by a small, efficient team that is passionate about replacing fossil fuels with renewable clean energy.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of direct production/warehousing and inventory management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced startup environment, comfortable with wearing multiple hats at once, and a keen understanding of urgency, responsibility and timing.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems, PLM/BOM management, work orders and engineering change management.
- Direct experience managing/mentoring a workforce of 10-20 hourly employees.
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI’s, and efficiency reporting.
- Proficient with computer applications such as MS office suite, Google tools, Slack, etc.
- Kaizen, Lean techniques and continuous improvement process experience.
- Able to meet deadlines on time under minimal supervision
- You love to build and ship products.
- Manage daily warehouse/production operations in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure the assembly of quality products at or below budgeted production costs to meet internal and marketplace demand.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s
- Manage human, equipment and material resources to meet production targets, manage appropriate inventory levels, inventory reports and other pertinent KPI’s.
- Liaison with Mfg/Production Engineering to improve process/takt times, production cells/lines, manpower optimization, etc.
- Establishing and promoting a continuous improvement environment within the team, ensuring the implementation of lean principles.
- Institute strong relationships with all support functions, including engineering, mfg. engineering, procurement/planning, quality, etc.
- Champion environmental and physical safety for all team members.
- Design, plan and implement new warehouse layouts for efficient space utilization for current and future production lines, storage and equipment.
- Develop regular warehouse/production/materials handling equipment preventative maintenance schedules, along with managing repairs.
- Ensure all warehouse/production operations are in compliance with COVID-19, OSHA, EH&S and local regulatory requirements. Implement and manage safety training programs and practices for all employees.
- Partner with management and people operations to ensure compliance with organizational standards and policies related to labor laws including wages, hours and working conditions.
- Manage scrap and obsolete material destruction
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment
- Ability to climb stairs
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!