About the role:
Caban Systems located in Burlingame, CA is looking for a Senior Buyer to be part of our aggressive growth plan. We are a startup company designing solar, wind, and energy storage systems. As we ramp up oAs we ramp up, we are looking for a highly skilled individual to source and purchase production material and equipment as well as coordinate shipping of finished units.
What you’ll do:
- Be the owner of the supplier relationship, resolve tactical supply chain issues such as backorder resolution, open order expediting, lead time management, and supplier production issues.
- Plan and order required material, equipment and services using necessary MRP transactions in support of customer’s goals and expectations.
- Negotiate or support the negotiation and implementation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services.
- Monitor materials pipeline for any potential issues or disruptions and recommend corrective actions where necessary.
- Drive supplier planning sessions in support of customer’s goals and objectives. Be the liaison for providing all supplier agreements with customers.
- Manage and plan unit delivery to the field operations team across all territories (focus on Latin America and Caribbean).
- Proactively analyze and suggest new strategies to optimize inventory management, procurement and shipping processes.
- Identify and correct supply chain constraints by acting as liaison between sales, customer success and suppliers.
- Evaluate and work with suppliers to improve cost, quality, delivery dates and lead time.
- Interface with other departments to resolve any production affecting materials issues.
- Identify and drive proactive cost reduction opportunities .
What you’ll need:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field.
- 5-8+ years working in a procurement capacity in a high tech electronics environment managing electronics environment managing suppliers.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, Word and MRP/ERP systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and interact with multiple departments throughout the organization.
- Formal problem solving training highly desirable, i.e. Six Sigma.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze large data sets.
- Ability to work independently without direct oversight with high attention to detail.