Location: Plano (Metroplex), TX On-site Role
Reports to: VP, Engineering
Caban Energy, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, delivers modern infrastructure solutions to its customers, while substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime.
Caban deploys end-to-end turnkey solutions with a three-part system model, including lithium-ion energy storage systems, cloud-based remote monitoring software and renewable power generation, Caban’s energy management system supplies primary and backup power for reliable connectivity, increased transparency and reduction in emissions.
- BSEE or BSME or similar technical background in Power conversion, Electrification, Renewable energy and Energy storage required. Master's Degree, MBA or MS Management highly desired.
- Minimum of 7 years in a Product Management or technical role in Electrification, Renewable energy, Telecom or Power conversion sectors.
- High degree of familiarity with Telecom and Industrial Power conversion products, Batteries and battery chemistries, Energy storage and generation, Renewable energy, Network Operation Centers and Remote monitoring systems and related Safety Standards such as UL, Telcordia and NFPA.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life based on technology, customer feedback and overall profitability of the product lines.
- Develop the customer facing product roadmap based on the internal technical roadmap.
- Product Launch and Adoption: Plan and execution of successful product launches, including coordinating marketing efforts, training sales teams, and driving user adoption.
- Participate in R&D phase gate reviews, ROI analysis, business case contribution, NRE investment decisions, NPI meetings, pricing, margin and markup development, product and technology roadmap reviews.
- Drive product and program investments with compelling business cases that support the company’s vision and strategic plans.
- Gain insight into market trends and competitive intelligence. Develop and compile product requirement specifications including hardware and software feature requests that can be translated into technical requirements.
- Track and analyze key performance metrics to measure the product's success.
- Assist with RFQ, and RFP efforts.
- Develop product margin based on cost, responsible for the P&L of multiple product lines (hardware and software).
- Develop and maintain the Sales portfolio.
- Author and review sales and product marketing collateral, data sheets, web content and user guides.
- Act as the liaison between external customers, Sales and engineering.