Production Quality Manager
Richardson, Texas - 100% On-Site
Caban Systems, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, delivers modern infrastructure solutions to its customers, while substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime.
We deploy end-to-end turnkey solutions with a three-part system solution, including lithium-ion energy storage systems, cloud-based remote monitoring software, and Energy-as-a-Service (EaaS) offering for mobile sites, fixed networks and fiber nodes. Our energy management system is designed to supply primary and backup power for reliable connectivity, increased transparency and a significant reduction in emissions.
- Lead an effort to embed a process-driven, continuous improvement method into the business.
- Deploy and train continuous improvement methodologies such as lean business and manufacturing methods, advanced problem-solving techniques, and approaches to visual workplace management.
- Direct and support site Operational Excellence resources to drive continuous process improvement activities for cost reductions and improved quality.
- Develop strong partnership with all Operations leadership to validate process activity and performance.
- Facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and “ever changing” environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, professional, and collaborative skills.
- Ensure projects are integrated and aligned with other business activities, improvement projects and business strategy and coordinated with the appropriate project/process owners to accomplish the project goals.
- Encourage and drive the development of a culture of safety, Lean, quality, 6S and continuous improvement mindset amongst all co-workers.
- Encourage and drive the development of an engaged and empowered workforce through ongoing leadership and support.
- Ensure two-way open communication throughout the organization. This includes keeping the stakeholders informed of program status and ensuring coordination of activities.
- Remain current with state-of-art quality-based strategies, programs, tools and ISO compliance and implement quality techniques throughout the organization.
- Develop Caban’s continuous improvement roadmap.
- Establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports relevant compliance regulations
- The area of responsibility includes the authority and responsibility to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process, and quality systems
- Identify and document problems relating to the product, process, and/or quality system. Initiate, recommend, and provide solutions through designated channels
- Verify the implementation of solutions and controls to mitigate further processing or delivery of nonconforming product until deficiencies or unsatisfactory conditions have been corrected
- Provide leadership / mentoring / training to project teams on the use and practice of Lean methodologies and tools
- Assure that practices promoting continuous improvement are adopted by the organization to drive improvements in morale, quality, delivery and cost
- Perform other duties and/ or responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Logistics, Business Administration
- Lean and/or Six Sigma certified
- Additional certification in Program Management or Project Management preferred
- 3 years experience in Lean/Operations Excellence role, preferably in a technology manufacturing organization
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with external customers at all levels
- Previous project management experience and Lean-based principles/tools (i.e. Value Stream Mapping, Cell Design and Material Flow, Visual Factory and Gemba walks, Standard Work, 6S, SMED)
- ISO compliance and audit experience, preferably in a high tech manufacturing environment
- Experience leading business transformation initiatives
- A working knowledge of an ERP system is preferred
- Experience managing corrective actions systems
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations and excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in the use of problem-solving tools, performing root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions
- Excellent business acumen