Full Job Description
Caban Systems is seeking a Document Control Specialist that will be responsible for maintaining efficient document management and engineering change control protocols in Caban’s product lifecycle management (PLM) tool. This individual will play an essential role in providing oversight of document management activities to assure compliance to creation, review, approval, distribution, and retention of controlled records, bills of materials (BOMs), and documents.
This role will interface across many parts of the company including hardware and systems engineering, manufacturing operations, global supply chain, and quality. The successful candidate will be well versed in document control and engineering change control best practices and requirements.
Candidates should enjoy working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment, and be prepared for a broad array of challenges as the company grows.
- 3-5 years experience in engineering change control and document management
- Experience with PLM systems such as Arena, Oracle Cloud PLM, or Teamcenter
- English skills important: reading/writing primarily then verbal
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and process
- Perform document control review for all incoming change orders and deviations, including formatting, coordinating the approval process, routing controlled documents for release in a timely manner, distributing, and archiving of new and revised controlled documents
- Support change control board (CCB) meetings by helping ensure all incoming requests meet standards of quality and completeness
- Provide training on document control and record management systems, processes, and procedures
- Support new product introduction and BOM setup
- Build customized reports for capturing key product and performance metrics
- You will become a subject matter expert on all Bills of Materials and be a go to resource for other teams across the company (sales, Engineering, Operations, Finance)