Caban Systems is looking for a passionate engineer, capable of architecting and developing web-based applications from scratch. This is a critical role, you’ll need to have a strong technical background, work independently as well as have excellent communication skills.
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things from scratch, but we believe a few good people can make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Build out customer facing web-applications from scratch.
- Architecting, scaling and migrating databases.
- Evaluate the trade-offs of different solutions to maximize performance and time-to-market.
- Deliver high quality, well written code that is easily supported and maintainable.
- Work with end users to determine and document requirements.
- Coordinate and execute data migration/integration.
- Provide feedback and reports on customer engagement (using tools like Google Analytics).
- Independently execute and deliver new or extend frameworks to implement features.
- Ability to self-manage timelines and communicate progress to the rest of the team.
- B.S. degree with 5+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining full stack applications.
- Knowledge of relational databases, trade-offs between NoSQL, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience using Git, JIRA, Docker, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies.
- Familiarity with backend web applications: Flask, Django, Node.js.
- Working with Git, Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and in Agile development processes.
- Experience interfacing with IoT cloud-based devices.
- Knowledge of UI/UX and FrontEnd development.
- Experience handling cross-browser compatibility issues and front-end performance.
- Writing excellent quality code that’s testable and well documented.