Do you have a passion for materials quality and clean energy? If so, then you’ve come to the right place.
We are a mission-driven startup currently experiencing a phase of high growth. We need someone that is strategic, hardworking and not afraid to roll up their sleeves. We operate in a fast-paced but friendly environment, and we need someone that is flexible and adaptable to shifting priorities.
You must have experience in quality management with finished goods and raw materials, supplier relations, and have an eye for details. As a key contributor to our supply chain team, the ideal candidate will be driven and assertive, and be comfortable with bringing new ideas to the table on a regular basis.
This is a great opportunity to get in with a burgeoning startup at the ground floor level. The individual in this role will be expected to be in the office 5 days/week.
If any of this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you about joining the team!
- BS degree in engineering discipline preferred (Quality, ME, Mfg. Engineering, EE) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5-8 years’ relevant experience in quality management, with a clear understanding of quality systems and their practical implementation
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced startup environment, comfortable with wearing multiple hats at once, with a keen understanding of urgency, and not afraid to enforce good process
- Experience with battery systems, high voltage electronics, sheet metal, injection molded assemblies, wiring harnesses, power conductors, pcb assemblies and electrical components
- Hands on experience measuring, controlling, and improving production line quality
- Experience selecting and managing 3rd party auditors for production oversight and verification of product
- Experience in Asia, and other low-cost supply chain regions
- Experience working within regulated industries
- Preferred experience in managing the following standards/requirements:
- Six Sigma certification or training
- Responsible for all aspects of the development, implementation, and execution of Caban’s global quality systems and processes.
- Drive QMS development and certification
- Manage internal quality personnel and 3rd party quality partners
- Establish quality metrics, define, and monitor process capabilities, set appropriate SPC for the production lines and be the company champion for continuous improvement
- Manage quality audits and inspections, both internal and 3rd party quality auditors
- Support manufacturing with evaluating and qualifying new suppliers /vendors
- Work with Engineering and Manufacturing teams to determine appropriate specifications, tolerances, set inspection standards, and train personnel to conduct inspections
- Generate and manage metrics per supplier quality performance
- Provide guidance and recommendations for improvement to companywide processes, policies, procedures, and continuous improvements
- Manage and coordinate corrective action and improvement plans internally and with external partners
- Define and conduct training of staff on quality management systems and process improvements
- Provide guidance to departments in implementation of metrics and tools needed for data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Maintain cutting edge technical knowledge on trends, metrics and tools needed per the energy industry, as well as Caban’s internal initiatives
- Be the voice of quality for Caban internally, as well as for forward facing external stakeholders
- Collect, perform trend analysis, and drive corrective action on process and hardware quality data using appropriate tools and methodologies
- Support and participate in Caban’s product development process, including in process reviews, feedback for continuous improvements, etc.
- Track, analyze and publish appropriate monthly quality metrics
- Monitor and manage as necessary, all supplier’s quality programs
- Drive continuous improvements in product quality while also driving down product cost and time to market.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment
- Ability to climb stairs
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 15 PTO Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 3 Sick Days
- 401(K) non-matching
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Potential for stock options
- Rare opportunity to work with a leader in the telecommunication industry
- Exposure to Silicon Valley’s best and brightest engineers
- Unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor with a fast-growing purpose-driven startup and clean energy pioneer
- Dog-friendly office
Caban Systems, Inc. is an energy infrastructure solutions provider, offering end-to-end solutions for some of the largest telecommunications tower companies in Latin America, the Caribbean and Middle East. Pioneering a best-in-class intelligent energy storage platform for the telecommunication infrastructure industry, Caban delivers the most flexible, highly-distributed infrastructure solutions to its customers, substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime. Caban is ushering in a clean era for telecommunications providers and tower operators by providing access to affordable reliable and renewably sourced power. All hardware is designed and manufactured by Caban Systems, based in Burlingame, California. For more information, visit cabansystems.com.
Candidate must be able to submit verification of his/her legal right to work in the United States, without company sponsorship. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.