Caban Systems, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, is seeking an experienced Brand and Marketing Manager to lead and develop effective digital marketing campaigns and manage corporate branding that significantly support the sales team in achieving sales goals. The candidate will define strategies and KPIs in the roadmap for the greater marketing department. It is critical that the candidate has strong knowledge of digital trends, effective strategies and previous experience in supporting sales initiatives.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing policies and objectives for operational excellence around planning and reporting
- Responsible for creating and delivering digital marketing tactics and advertising campaigns.
- Define, build, and run Caban’s demand generation for account-based marketing campaigns
- Responsible for supporting the customer interaction that is required to convert pilot projects to commercial sales, utilizing collateral, content, case studies, white papers, etc.
- Comfortable with developing leads to support the sales team in hitting annual and quarterly pipeline and revenue goals
- Partner with sales and marketing to align all go-to-market activities
- Partner with product marketing to develop the most relevant and impactful content supported by SEO/SEM optimization and strategies
- Identify opportunities to improve marketing effectiveness through better audience segmentation, marketing techniques, and processes
- Build and execute segment-driven marketing plans consisting of multi-touch programs including outbound tactics
- Comfortable with developing content marketing and providing strategic input to the digital web strategy, as needed
- Works with sales to ensure that sales reps have necessary collateral and advertising materials.
- Own and manage corporate branding to ensure that the sales team is adequately prepared for presentations and proposals
- Develop processes for tracking and analyzing campaign performance
- Responsible for planning and market research activities designed to increase sales growth and expand market share.
- Evaluates and adjusts strategies to respond to changing and/or competitive markets.
- Research trends and technologies to meet customer needs.
- Expert ability to translate complex technical capabilities into simple product messaging that can be easily consumed across multiple buyer personas
- Expert storytelling skills and experience creating product narratives and pitches
- Expert content creation skills across multiple mediums, including video, whitepapers, blogs, infographics, product and creative briefs
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills, including an eye for design
- Advanced project management skills with the ability to manage competing deliverables and timelines
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and passion for rolling up your sleeves
- Ability to translate technology and product features into business value
- Must be an expert in data analytics, especially web traffic and SEO
- 5+ years of experience in a high-tech B2B marketing, with at least some experience in a startup environment, highly preferred
- Experience running campaigns and programs that directly contributed to pipeline and revenue growth
- Hands-on experience with Marketing Automation tools and Salesforce (CRM) to streamline, automate and measure all marketing tasks and workflows
- Exceptional quantitative and problem solving skills and ability to make data-driven decisions
- “Test and learn” mindset - comfortable taking calculated risks
- Detail oriented and strong cross-functional program management skills
- Thorough understanding of customer buyer journeys
- Seasoned professional and individual contributor.
- Works independently with limited supervision.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related discipline is strongly preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Excellent equity potential
- 15 PTO Days
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 401(K) non-matching
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Rare opportunity to work with a leader in the telecommunication industry
- Exposure to Silicon Valley’s best and brightest engineers
- Unique opportunity to get in at the ground floor with a fast-growing purpose-driven startup and clean energy pioneer
- Dog-friendly office
- Data and Cloud Services