About the Position
Caban Systems is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Public Relations Senior Associate to join our growing marketing team in Burlingame, CA.
This position will play an integral role in supporting external-facing communications, including the opportunity to craft social media content, digital campaigns, media relations and lead thought leadership development for a young and dynamic LatinX CEO.
You must be a relationship builder who creates connections with journalists and event influencers to drive targeted exposure and brand awareness. You will be responsible for managing a robust calendar of conferences for the sales team, including opportunities for exhibitors, public speaking and company/leadership awards.
We are an early-stage startup currently experiencing a phase of high growth. We need someone that is flexible and is passionate about prioritizing time sensitive tasks. This is a rare opportunity to get in with a burgeoning startup at the ground floor level. The individual in this role will be expected to be in the office 5 days/week.
If any of this sounds exciting, we'd love to talk to you about joining the team! In this role you can help us build our brand voice as we scale and navigate through the years ahead.
• Monitor news coverage in the industry to identify opportunities for the company to gain thought leadership or become an expert source.
• Create media trend reports and quarterly newsletters intended for investors and c-suite level customers with a global reach.
• Be the eyes and ears to what is going with themes in the media, and in the industry.
• Secure high-profile coverage in print, broadcast and online outlets within the business, finance, and environmental sectors.
• Passionate about media relations and proactively approach journalists on a daily/weekly basis.
• Identify strategies to engage with national media outlets, reporters, and investors.
• Support the creation of a press kit and media room updated with new statistics, updated messaging, press releases, photos, and videos.
• Submit company leadership for awards and speaking opportunities and manage promotion of those opportunities when secured.
• Create and manage media and influencer lists.
• Monitor and analyze campaigns to ensure they’re aligned with the established strategy.
• Research conferences and events, suggest event participation, and coordinate logistics.
• Lead social media efforts utilizing HootSuite with a specific focus on LinkedIn. The position has a strong focus on creating social media copy and some graphics on a daily / weekly basis.
• Support quarterly strategy planning.
• Be proactive in supporting the goals for the marketing team, which are closely aligned with the company’s overarching business goals.