Caban, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, delivers modern infrastructure solutions to its customers, while substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime.
Caban deploys end-to-end turnkey solutions with a three-part system model, including lithium-ion energy storage systems, cloud-based remote monitoring software, and renewable power generation, Caban’s energy management system supplies primary and backup power for reliable connectivity, increased transparency, and reduction in emissions.
We are looking for a full-time Staff Accountant to join our financial team. This position will play a key role in the month-end close. Includes processing bills and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. A successful Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. (Option to work remotely)
Key Job Responsibilities
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations across multiple entities, including intercompany transactions to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Process Accounts Payable transactions and track all project-related costs.
- Assist in annual audits and compile PBC files related to the US and international audits
- Collaborate internally across multiple departments (Engineering, Manufacturing, etc)
- Special assignments and projects with the goal of improving and helping to drive long-term growth.
- Develop and maintain the cost accounting system, documents, and records across units, projects, customers, and countries
- Review receipts and compare them with actual charges to detect inaccuracies
- Analyze month-end and year-end reports to identify and recommend cost-effective improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3+years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and internal controls
- Attention to detail and be able to manage several projects at once
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with Excel including working with formulas such as in XLOOKUP, and Pivot Tables.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and be able to adapt to a rapidly growing company
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Google Suite (Drive, Sheets, Slides) skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills