Caban Systems is looking for a passionate engineer, capable of designing, developing and testing safety critical systems in an early-stage startup environment. This is a critical role, with a direct impact on R&D’s overall efficiency, quality and ability to scale. If making a difference and designing renewable energy products from the ground up sounds exciting to you, come join us!
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world.
What will you be doing?
- Designing and developing test automation software, tooling and infrastructure.
- Breaking down complex systems into testable blocks with the end of goal of automation.
- Continuously improve test performance, coverage and speed.
- Support and enhance continuous integration and development capabilities.
- Support regression testing and validate new and existing features.
- Create verification tests and protocols based off of system specifications.
- Develop software tools to be used across the team.
- Cross-functional work requiring interfacing across hardware, embedded and cloud platforms.
- B.S. degree with 5+ years of software development experience.
- Solid experience in Python and interfacing to external devices.
- Working with Git, Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and in Agile development processes.
- Experience interfacing with embedded and cloud-based devices.
- Ability to work on Windows and Linux Platforms (and writing software that can run on both).
- Knowledge of interface protocols: I2C, SPI, RS484, JTAG, UART.
- Hardware experience: Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Schematics.
- Writing excellent quality code that’s testable and well documented.