Caban Systems is looking for a passionate SDET engineer, capable of designing, developing and testing safety critical systems in an early-stage startup environment. This is a critical role, with a direct impact on R&D’s overall efficiency, quality and ability to scale. If making a difference and designing renewable energy products from the ground up sounds exciting to you, come join us!
What will you be doing?
- Designing and developing test automation software, tooling and infrastructure
- Breaking down complex systems into testable blocks with the end of goal of automation
- Continuously improve test performance, coverage and speed
- Support and enhance continuous integration and development capabilities
- Support regression testing and validate new and existing features
- Create verification tests and protocols based off of system specifications
- Develop software tools to be used across the team
- Cross-functional work requiring interfacing across hardware, embedded and cloud platforms
- B.S. degree with 5+ years of software development experience
- Solid experience in Python and interfacing to external devices
- Working with Git, Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and in Agile development processes
- Experience interfacing with embedded and cloud-based devices
- Knowledge of interface protocols: I2C, SPI, RS484, JTAG, UART, and CAN
- Writing excellent quality code that’s testable and well documented
- Ability to work on Windows and Linux Platforms (and writing software that can run on both)
- Hardware experience: Oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Schematics
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world.