Caban’s mission brings renewable energy backup systems to critical telecom infrastructures around the world, while having a ton of fun doing it.
We are on the lookout for Production Associates that are energetic and passionate about making the world a better and greener place to live!
Using your assembly superpowers building really cool lithium battery technologies and telecom systems, you will join a fast-paced startup that is growing rapidly, run by a small but highly efficient team, that is obsessed with replacing fossil fuels and old antiquated battery technologies, with clean energy solutions.
- High School diploma or GED
- 1+ years of direct experience building products and equipment preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Hand and body dexterity for mechanical assembly, with excellent mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be a detail-oriented team player, but also work well independently when required
- High proficiency and understanding using hand tools, power tools, and torque instruments
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
- Attention to the details. You strive for excellence in everything that you do.
- Curiosity - you thrive in the unknown. You have the grit and tenacity to continue moving projects forward and working through an ambiguous challenge.
- You love to build things
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with a team to assemble electrical wiring/harnessing, electronics, battery systems and telecommunications equipment
- Read technical literature, schematics and documents
- Testing of products per specific testing protocols
- Meet daily production quality and productivity targets
- Work well under pressure using your own initiative, sometimes without direct instructions or supervision
- Understand and follow safety rules and cleanliness guidelines
- Quickly adapt to new projects, and complete tasks within a set time frame
- Receiving work assignments from the Production Supervisor and Production leads, perform operations per released work instructions, escalating technical problems as necessary
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Suite, Jira, and Slack
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
What You’ll Get out of it:
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, passionate and driven people as well as tell your friends how cool of a company you get to work for
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, from initial start date, no waiting periods, with almost zero cost per Kaiser plans (other options available as well at slightly higher costs)
- Generous hourly rates from $21-$24 and hour, depending on experience level
- Annual PTO of 15 days, 3 days sick leave, 10 paid holidays
At Caban, our people are the heart and soul of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions and have invested in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we’ve modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and provide personal protective equipment to all employees-including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer.