About the role:
Caban Systems is looking for an adventurous electrical technician for a unique opportunity. We are a startup company designing solar, wind, and energy storage systems. As we develop our products, we are looking for a person who can help us build, test and provide feedback on design for new products. The job requires the use of a computer to collect data and to look at drawings.
What you’ll do:
- Electrical wiring, electronics, battery systems and telecommunications equipment.
- Read technical literature, schematics and documents.
- Work well under pressure using your own initiative sometimes without direct instructions or supervision.
- Quickly adapt to new projects, and complete tasks within a set time frame.
- Computer literate using Microsoft Suite, Jira, and Slack.
- Be vocal and present for meetings with other Technicians/Engineers and the wider team.
- Ability to document work and assist Technical Writers create quality technical documents.
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Career history that demonstrates progressive responsibilities and accountability.
- Experience with AC and DC (batteries).
What you’ll need:
- +3 years of experience building and testing products and equipment.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with outstanding hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to be a detail oriented team player, but also work well independently when required.
- High proficiency and understanding using hand tools, power tools, and torque instruments.
- Expertise working with multiple cross functional teams
- Hands on skills in wire termination of all types (crimp, solder, push pin, screw).
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision.
- Ability to build and debug complex wiring harnesses, electrical enclosures, and design panel layout.
- Working knowledge of Solidworks is a considered a plus.
- Attention to the details. You strive for excellence in everything that you do.
- Curiosity - you thrive in the unknown. You have the grit and tenacity to continue moving projects forward and working through an ambiguous challenge.
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and in writing. You are comfortable presenting your ideas in front of a large audience.