Caban Systems is looking for a creative problem solver that’s passionate about building and scaling complex cloud systems. This is a critical role, you’ll be responsible for scaling our fleet management, data pipelines, and cloud services.
We are a small team and looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things from scratch but we believe a few good people can make a difference.
What will you be doing?
- Design and manage CI/CD pipelines that integrate with AWS services
- Design and deploy infrastructure as code using AWS Cloud Formation (or similar)
- Automate migrations, deployments, integration, and A/B testing
- Experience with AWS, database, and Linux administration
- Work closely with AWS Cloud Services: S3, IAM, Lambda, EC2, IoT Core, Athena, Glue
- Deliver high quality, well-written code that is easily supported and maintainable
- Architecting, scaling, and migrating databases
- Cross function technical and communication skills to help the organization succeed
- Evaluate the trade-offs of different solutions to maximize performance and time-to-market
- Coordinate and execute data migration/integration
- Ability to self-manage timelines and communicate progress to the rest of the team
- Provide feedback, health metrics, and reports on core services
- Experience with time-series data
- Familiarity with alerting and ticketing services (i.e., Prometheus)
- B.S. degree with 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience using Git, JIRA, Docker, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies
- Familiarity with backend web applications: Flask, Django, Node.js
- Working with Git, Continuous Integration (Jenkins), and in Agile development processes
- Experience interfacing with IoT cloud-based devices
- Writing excellent quality code that’s testable and well documented