Caban, a leader in the design and manufacture of software-enabled energy storage and management systems for the telecommunications industry, delivers modern infrastructure solutions to its customers, while substantially reducing operational expenses and increasing uptime.
Caban deploys end-to-end turnkey solutions with a three-part system model, including lithium-ion energy storage systems, cloud-based remote monitoring software and renewable power generation, Caban’s energy management system supplies primary and backup power for reliable connectivity, increased transparency and reduction in emissions.
Caban is building a world-class Team of Commercial Leaders to develop our global customer relationship. The Sales Director will be an individual contributor supporting the expansion of relationships within the South American region. The role benefits a self-starter commercially minded sales leader with a high level of maturity and innovation. Strong in process, strategy, planning and execution. The role provides an opportunity to leverage world-wide resources, investments and potential Joint Ventures.
Our team supports new members. We maintain a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and collaboration. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Expand Caban’s strategic importance and to build strategic relationships across the account, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups. will work with all appropriate Caban resources (Executives, Solution Architects, Business Development, Marketing, Partners, Support, Service teams and Professional Services) to support customer interests.
- Reach the Sales quota
- Develop and execute a three year strategy for customer success
- Manage accounts of significant size, depth, and complexity. Generally responsible for a select number of key accounts that generate a significant amount of revenue. Customers are typically complex in organizational structure and may operate across multiple geographies. Sales efforts will involve aligning multiple stakeholders and lines of business in an account and require a complex decision making process that includes multiple executives across both the customer and Caban. May require influencing and orchestrating sales activities and teams across multiple geographies.
- Participate and lead with a high degree of proficiency in the negotiation of legal agreements and contract terms. Negotiates critical relationships and agreements with customers, suppliers or other external partners at the higher levels. General mastery of processes and procedures, understanding of complex scenarios is sought after by others in the business.
- Operate with significant autonomy and discretion. High degree of decision making is required in routine customer engagement, business judgment is critical and problem solving is exacerbated by multiple business problems that have to be solved.
- Interact with senior management or executive levels to gain support for items that require escalation, write convincing and professional documents that require limited direction on matters of importance to the company or customers.
- Help define product requirements by acquiring and evangelizing needs of customers. Requirements likely extend beyond singular customer needs and approach market-level opportunities. Key member in helping to define future state of business and orders of importance.
- May informally lead individuals who have a common goal or account and responsible for influencing team direction.
- The candidate must have 15+ years experience working in South America with Mobile Network Operators
- Knowledge of the energy and power utility industry
- Deeply understands the opportunities their customers and their business needs.
- Demonstrable Relationship Management experience at VP/CxO Level.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills are required.
- Demonstrates the ability to help attract senior talent from inside and outside of the company.
- Facilitates understanding of broader organizational tenets and strategic goals for organization or team.
- Recognizes trends for larger scale development needs in and across teams and builds plans to develop skills.
- Exemplifies high performance standards for the department. Implements structured measurement processes to communicate throughout the org.
- Plans and advocates for resources and executes their successful implementation.
- Demonstrable International Account Planning and Execution
- Candidates must possess demonstrated decision making, problem solving, and negotiating skills.
- A strong understanding of Caban’s technology as a service (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS) would be preferred but not required.