Caban Systems is looking for a passionate manufacturing engineer, capable of developing, planning, setting up, optimizing and monitoring all manufacturing processes in our production line. We are an early-stage startup designing software enabled energy storage platform for telecommunications infrastructure and beyond
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing / mechanical processes and equipment.
- Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable.
- Knowledge of computer or PLC based machine control systems is desirable.
- CAD experience (SolidWorks, AutoCAD) is desirable.
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices is desirable.
- Strong skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint) with the ability to learn new systems and tools quickly
- Good mechanical / technical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent leadership & teamwork abilities, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.