Caban’s mission brings renewable energy backup systems to critical telecom infrastructures around the world, while having a ton of fun doing it.
We are looking for a dynamic and hands on Production Supervisor to help us manufacture/scale our renewable battery and power distribution systems, and who is fanatical about building really cool stuff. This critical position will be responsible for all aspects of Caban’s internal production operations, with proven experience managing a direct labor workforce of 10+ internal reports.
Come join a fast-paced startup that is growing rapidly, run by a small but highly efficient team, that is obsessed with replacing fossil fuels and old antiquated battery technologies, with clean energy solutions.
- BS in Industrial Engineering, or equivalent direct manufacturing experience, bonus for hands on experience in building products, who have worked their way up to a supervisor level.
- 3-5 years of direct ISO regulated production environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced startup environment, comfortable with wearing multiple hats at once, and a keen understanding of urgency, responsibility, and timing.
- Willingness to work on the shop floor and lead by example; ability to influence decision making with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to agreement, with a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems, PLM/BOM management, work orders and engineering change management.
- Direct experience managing/mentoring a workforce of 10+ hourly employees.
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI’s, and efficiency reporting.
- Proficient with computer applications such as MS office suite, Google tools, Slack, etc.
- Kaizen, Lean techniques, and continuous improvement process experience.
- Able to meet deadlines on time under minimal supervision
- You love to build cool products
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage daily production operations in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure the assembly of quality products at or below budgeted production costs to meet internal and marketplace demand.
- Manage staff resources by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training production associates.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s
- Manage human and equipment resources to meet production KPI’s/targets along with ongoing continuous improvement.
- Liaison with Mfg./Production Engineering to improve process/takt times, production cells/lines, manpower optimization, etc.
- Maximize the performance of Value Streams by implementing and sustaining lean conversion principles to meet internal requirements
- Accountable for driving lean initiatives, manage continuous improvement projects, champion lean principals and methodologies, and strives to implement zero Muda.
- Maintain appropriate workflows by monitoring steps in the process, observing processes and equipment and monitoring personnel.
- Institute strong relationships with all support functions, including engineering, mfg. engineering, procurement/planning, quality, etc.
- Champion environmental and physical safety for all team members.
- Ensure all production operations are in compliance with COVID-19, OSHA, EH&S and local regulatory requirements. Implement and manage safety training programs and practices for all employees.
- Partner with management and people operations to ensure compliance with organizational standards and policies related to labor laws including wages, hours and working conditions.
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment
- Ability to climb stairs
What you’ll get out of it:
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, passionate, and driven people as well as tell your friends how cool of a company you get to work for
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, from initial start date, no waiting periods, with almost zero cost per Kaiser plans (other options available as well at slightly higher costs)
- Competitive salary based on experience level
- Annual PTO of 15 days, 3 days sick leave, 10 paid holidays
We are a small but nimble team, looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!