Caban’s mission brings renewable energy backup systems to critical telecom infrastructures around the world, while having a ton of fun doing it.
We are on the lookout for a Shipping/Receiving Supervisor that is energetic and passionate about making the world a better and greener place to live!
Using your attention to detail for incoming and outgoing material, you will delight all our customers in supporting seamless on time deliveries, to global countries all over the world.
Come join a fast-paced startup that is growing rapidly, run by a small but highly efficient team, that is obsessed with replacing fossil fuels and old antiquated battery technologies, with clean energy solutions.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2-4 years’ experience in a warehousing, receiving, inventory control, material management, with direct supervisory experience. Previous experience with lean and 6S principles highly desirable.
- Certified to use a forklift a plus (will certify if not).
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a detail-oriented team player, but also work well independently when required
- Capable of working independently to quickly overcome challenges without supervision
- Attention to the details. You strive for excellence in everything that you do.
- Curiosity - you thrive in the unknown. You have the grit and tenacity to continue moving projects forward and working through an ambiguous challenge.
- You love to ship products to exotic countries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Document all incoming and outgoing material per ERP system internal processes for internal/external warehouses, global 3pl’s and supplier locations.
- Receiving activities include: receipt of goods verification against BOL’s/packing slips, ERP data entry, storage, dispatch of raw materials, reject management of goods, etc.
- Support relationships with global logistical supplier’s (truck, boat, air) partners, 3PL’s along with third party customs brokers.
- Shipping activities include: generating shipment specifications, Fed-ex/UPS type transportation methods/routes, BOL’s, packing slips, etc.
- Facilitate outbound shipments via customer’s internal logistics capabilities.
- Review and analyze shipping data weekly for trends, issues and additional opportunities for freight cost savings.
- Support other warehouse functions in inventory management as needed.
- Move outgoing product using hand truck, forklift, or other material handling equipment, in accordance with all safety policies, to loading dock.
- Receive, sort and place incoming product in appropriate warehouse location.
- Document and record any customer returns as required.
- Organize warehouse for cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Maintain all safety standards, including wearing protective clothing and eyewear as required.
- Maintain all quality indicators for operations by verifying product quantity/quality before delivery.
- Keep warehouse accessible and safe for branch staff and visitors.
- Coordinate of last minute or unscheduled deliveries will be necessary.
- Perform any other duties and assignments as required
- Computer literacy using Microsoft Suite, Jira, and Slack
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment.
- Ability to climb stairs.
What you’ll get out of it:
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment full of bright, passionate and driven people as well as tell your friends how cool of a company you get to work for
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, from initial start date, no waiting periods, with almost zero cost per Kaiser plans (other options available as well at slightly higher costs)
- Generous and competitive hourly rates, depending on experience level
- Annual PTO of 15 days, 3 days sick leave, 10 paid holidays
We are a small but nimble team, looking for a dynamic person who shares our passion and work ethic. It is never easy to invent new things, but we believe a few good people can make a difference in the world. If you feel the same, please let us know!